China annexes 60 square km of India in Ladakh amid border tensions.June 13, 2020
India witnesses highest spike of Coronavirus in 24 hrs – 11.5k casesJune 13, 2020
Dubai issues new guidelines for quarantine to the returning residents. A new set of guidelines on hotel and home quarantines are released for residents returning to Dubai.
Dubai issued new guidelines for residents returning to UAE on home quarantine and hotel quarantine policies. The Federal Authorities for identity and citizenship announced a massive initiative to facilitate the return of 200,000 residents from different countries to the UAE.
Residents returning will have two options, either to opt for a hotel quarantined or stay-at-home quarantine.
Travelers must be fully aware of the 14-day quarantine requirement before arrival and related criteria for home or hotel quarantine. This information will be given to them after the airline ticket booking.
- Must undergo COVID-19 tests
- Follow the given directions strictly
- Install and register COVID-19 DXB app
- Requests for home quarantine will be verified
- If criteria not matched, hotel quarantine would be preferred.
- Residents will go through regular immigration and baggage pick-up procedures.
- If traveling to other emirates, transportation must be organized
Quarantined will be for 14 days, and all returning residents must adhere to it. They will have access to a tele-doctor 24/7 through a dedicated mobile app. They have to clean their rooms and wear masks and gloves always.
If their medical condition changes, the hotel will inform the Dubai Health Authority which will take necessary action. Upon successful completion of the 14-day quarantine, the resident will be eligible for check-out.
- Home quarantined residents will have to have a separate room with a private bathroom.
- Resident’s health should be stable and neither the resident nor other house members should fall in the high-risk category
- They should have an active phone number
- They should be capable of adhering to the precautions and address safety concerns
- A first aid kit, including thermometer, should be available
- Residents must also abide by the Smart App instructions.
They should monitor their symptoms and ensure temperature check. In case of an emergency, they must use the SOS feature on the app and call DHA’s hotline at 800342 or the ambulance at 997.
They must be away from other household members and in case they have to leave their room for any emergency, they should wear a surgical mask, cover mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing and sneezing, discard used tissues safely and wash their hands immediately with soap and water. The handwash protocol must be followed often enough before touching things, after using the bathroom, etc.