Dubai has prepared new safety rules and guidelines to reopen mosques and other places of worships. IACAD (The Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department) has brought forward new policies and safety rules to reopen the prayer areas.
The ladies’ prayer halls shall remain closed until further notice. It also added that people above the age of 60 and children (below 12 years) will not be allowed to come to the mosques for prayers for their own safety.
The worshippers should leave an empty row gap between every two rows.
– Leave a 1.5m gap between every two-person.
– It is mandatory for all worshippers to wear gloves and masks.
– All worshippers must bring their own Musalla (prayer mat) to the Masjid.
– No handshakes allowed, worshippers can just wave at each other and say Salaam from a distance
– The worshippers shall not assemble before or after prayer.
– No second Jamaah (Congregation) or praying alone separately after the completion of Fard prayer behind Imam.
– The must leave the masjid as soon as the obligatory prayer in congregation is over.
– Those who are in contact with Covid-19 patients should not enter the masjid to ensure the safety of other worshippers.
– Those who are suffering from chronic diseases or have weak immunity should not come to the masjid for prayers for their own safety.